25 November 2011

Vintage Tweed Cape, Rain, My Bicycle & Yet Another Tweed Outfit

Rainy Day on Thanksgiving...

Tweed Cape Rainy Bicycle Day via instagram by RidingPretty


Vintage Tweed Cape Bicycle Inspiration in Rain by RidingPretty



Despite the rain bursts out of nowhere I managed to stay very cozy and dry - and I owe it to my my vintage tweed cape. My bicycle is another story. Rain and my vintage DL-1 Raleigh do not fare so well together. It is because of the rod brakes - they don't handle safely. This equals to a Mad Dash and jumping over rain puddles.

This outfit would be so ideal for a Tweed Run -- Is anyone still looking for inspiration to put something together for one of the remaining Tweed Rides or Runs coming up this weekend?
This outfit was rather unexpected, but worked perfectly for me!

I still have more tweed outfits I am hoping to share, I'm Tweed obsessed I guess!

p.s. Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving everyone!


Vintage Tweed Ride Cape Outfit by RidingPretty


50s Style Tweed Cape -- vintage
Black & Gray Rose Dress -- Lapis (several years ago)

Cardigan sweater -- (I've had it forever, the label is long gone)
Vintage Satchel (makes for a great iPad bag!) -- Longchamp
Loafer Pumps -- Franco Sarto (several years ago)
Leather gloves -- no label
Vintage Bicycle -- Raleigh DL-1
ShopThrifted Code: here


Share/Save/Bookmark