14 July 2009

1905 vs 2009 Art Bikes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(photo by RidingPretty)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


The top photo is one I took awhile back and posted in a series on kinetic art bikes. Out of all the photos I took that particular day, this one has really begun to make the rounds and has ended up in all sorts of places along with hilarious remarks about 'California Bike Culture'.

Now this second photo is also an art bike, circa 1905. I am struck by some odd similarities between the two photos. The stripes, the curved and arching appendages...

People and their love for embellishing their bicycles never fails to delight me.
Enjoy!

****
Speaking of California Bike Culture I'd though I'd share a little Park Slope Brooklyn, NYC Bike Culture ... as in Dixon Bike Culture, a favored bike shop.

Share/Save/Bookmark