04 January 2012

Vintage Bicycle Posters, Paris Fashion Newspaper & Adding to My Collection

vintage bicycle posters in my collection by RidingPretty


vintage bicycle posters in my collection by RidingPretty


vintage bicycle posters in my collection by RidingPretty



new bicycle art work janet bike girl in my collection by RidingPretty


vintage bicycle paris fashion newspaper in my collection by RidingPretty


Besides collecting vintage bicycles I have three vintage bicycle posters from of the turn of the century, depicting women and bicycles (bicycles from long forgotten bicycle makers…). You’ve probably have seen these before somewhere. My posters were reissued in the 1970s. They are faded and worn and I love them.

I have this well preserved newspaper from 1922, French and entitled “Le Petit Echo de la Mode”. Apparently Fashionable Cycling Attire has been making the front page for quite sometime. It’s why I had to have it when it came up for auction! Once in awhile I take it out, look over it’s pages and enjoy a cup of tea as you can tell by this iphoneography snap shot -- which inspired today’s post.

And then is my Sgt. Pepper (to me) looking fella on a Tweed Ride! It is from Toronto Artist Janet Bike Girl. It’s of course not vintage, but I thought it looked rather well with the others.

Enjoy!

FYI: all photos are instagram photos and on my instagram feed


Share/Save/Bookmark