25 February 2010

Tweeder Photo - Self Portrait

tweeder photo by ridingpretty
(photo by RidingPretty)

As proclaimed in the post title this is my Tweeder photo!

There are so many Tweed Rides taking place all over that I was incredibly inspired to do this shoot. I really wanted to share my 'Tweedy' vintage outfit. And especially the vintage tweed and leather case on my back bicycle rack - it is so handsome and very exquisitely made. I've never seen anything like it.

Plus, I've never been any good at self portraits. This is what came of a long, rainy week. That and my desire to learn - a) use a new big tripod, b) utilize my borrowed 3D camera, c) set up of this impromptu photo studio in my home. I really got to feel comfortable in my own skin for once (with no one watching me being so goofy posing !!!) Then practice, practice to get it all to come together. So much trial and error. I really admire all those who can do their own photos of them selves. Maybe I'm just picky but I hated 99.9% of the photos I took!

p.s. I have a few more photos (that came out okay) in some other fav vintage outfits that I will get around to sharing with you too.

Share/Save/Bookmark