17 February 2009

Amgen-SantaCruz-RainyWeekend-Redcoat-Lance-MyShineyHelmetCover

Rainy Weekend and it was a blast. Amgen Tour came to Santa Cruz. A huge crush of spectators hugged tight at the finish line, while I was out prowling for the 'chicest' riding attire I could spot...

little girl in red

Was I crazy or from 'planet of my own imagination'. Get Real. This was a RACE, in the rain. What fashionista would show up on her bicycle wearing heels to this?? I admit I saw the best in rain gear /outerwear in gortex, nylon, hi-tech fabrics and by all the best brands, Patagonia, Columbia and designed for rugged wear. And then the lifestyle brands like Roxy, O'Neils, and so forth.
So, I settled for this little girl wearing her bright red coat and maryjanes.


lance santa cruz

Lance saluting someone in the crowd. This was my spot for the race. It had a huge outdoor viewing screen to watch the race. It was way beyond the finish line, lots more room to breathe
(I get a bit weird in big crowds, so always opt for as much space as I can find). Lance put his feet to the ground and after a hard ride. I had fun. This was my first cycle race.





Rainy Day and trying to go for a short ride on my motobecane.

**This above look is described in detail on lookbook.nu



Share/Save/Bookmark